Thursday, May 28, 2009

.another.week.

So today was another weekly doctor's appointment.  No change, just a pound heavier than last week.  Heard the wonderful heartbeat and everything seems to be right on track.  I will be 38 weeks next Tuesday, which is SO hard for me to believe.  I cannot believe I only have a little over 2 weeks before my actual due date!  I asked my doctor today how long she would let me go past my due date if Abby had decided not to make an entrance by then and she said 41 weeks.  I asked that simply because I just don't "feel ready" yet!  I will probably never feel ready though.  I have Abby's bags packed for the hospital and have started on mine.  Her nursery is complete - I will have to take pics this weekend for everyone to see.  I am SO very proud of it!!

I keep thinking about my baby girl and wondering who will she look like, who will she act like, how do I handle her if she just won't stop crying, etc!  I've thought about my mama every single day wondering "how would she be reacting?"  I know she would be excited beyond belief, but I hate that I will never know her reaction to meeting my baby girl - her grandbaby!  Something she had looked forward to forever.  I know she is watching down from above with a big smile and those wonderful tears of joy she use to always get.  I can hear her telling me now "don't worry, everything will be okay."  I have to know that God is letting her watch everything from "the best seat in the house."  She is loving every minute of it!

So..... who will Miss Abby look like:

Her daddy (below at 2 days old)?
Her Mommy (below at 2 weeks old)?
Or, could she possibly look like her Aunt Jennifer (below at 11 days old)?

Guess we will find out in 2 to 3 weeks.....  if not sooner!!  If the 4D's are accurate, I say she is looking like her mommy.  She has those big chubby cheeks.  I look swollen in my newborn pic.  Maybe Abby won't be too big!  :)  Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend!!!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Hobson said...

One thing is certain...I don't think Abby will have any hair! Poor thing. I mean, look at all of us...no hair on anyone!