Tuesday, March 24, 2009

.nursery.beginnings.

FINALLY! I have a painted nursery!  It's really becoming my "dream" nursery.  As you know, we have a bed and armoire for the nursery.  Everything else is on order and should be in soon! The next step was to paint the nursery.  And of course I couldn't just PAINT it and be done!  I have been wanting a harlequin (diamond) pattern on a wall in my house since we moved in.  Now, I had the perfect excuse.  I had researched exactly how to do it.  Bo was all for it - at first.  With him working full-time and going to school full-time I was really worried about when he would have time to take on this project.  Well, he used his spring break to do it.   It didn't take too long considering we were up really late 2 nights in a row trying to finish.  And thanks to cousin Jay for helping out!  It turned out PERFECT!  I am so proud of my hubby.  He has done a GREAT job!  I have posted a few pics below of the processes.  I hope to have the remaining furniture in soon and of course the much anticipated BEDDING!!

Phase 1:  White Primer and 2 coats of Baby Pink!!


Phase 2:  Draw a grid on the wall (we used baby powder in a chalk line).  Measure your diamonds and tape them off!  VERY TIME CONSUMING!!  

Phase 3:  Remove tape and ENJOY!!!


Don't you love Abby's night-light?? 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Lisa, that is absolutely beautiful! I love it. I cant wait to see the finished product. keep us posted.