Wednesday, April 1, 2009

.babies.in.bloom.

So a week or so ago, I was on my way home from work listening to y101. I was just pulling in my driveway when they announced "be the 10th caller to win a spot on the VIP list for Girl Power Happy Hour!" Girl Power Happy Hour is something y101 does every month or so at various places around Jackson. You have to be on the list to get in and there's usually lots of neat prizes! Well this Girl Power Happy Hour was called "Babies in Bloom" and was for those that were expecting a baby, planning to have a baby, or even thinking BABY! So when they announced to call, I figured I'd give it a shot. I called ONE time thinking "I never win anything." Then - THEY ANSWERED! I WON!!!!! I was on the list for Babies in Bloom, Girl Power Happy Hour!!

I got to take a guest along with me. Of course my first choice is Jennifer!! Well, she left for Miami that same day. Egh! So who was I to take? I wanted to take someone who would benefit - someone preggers!! I thought about Leah, who is one of Jennifer's really close friends (they work together). I asked if she'd be interested and she was all for it!

So Girl Power Happy Hour was on Tuesday night at St. Dominic's Hospital. I really didn't WANT to go because I thought it would be just a lot of information given out that I probably had already read somewhere. But I really wanted to go for the prizes!! I never win anything so I KNEW I wouldn't win a prize. They took us on a tour of St. Dominic's and explained the hospital's processes when you deliver there. Didn't do me much good considering I am delivering at Woman's Hospital. It was okay. It was hard because I just don't like that place. It's the last place I ever really saw and even TALKED to my mama. It just doesn't bring back the best memories.

But anyway, after the tour we had food! Then they gave out prizes! I wasn't even paying attention when all of a sudden I hear "Lisa Luckey!" I wave my hand yelling "that's me!" They say "and you're the GRAND PRIZE WINNER!" I nearly fell out of my chair! I NEVER win anything! I won a digital, color, video baby monitor and a gift certificate for a pedicure!! I was so pumped! Then, as Leah and I are talking about how we both never win anything, we hear "Leah Babb!" She won too! She got the grand prize for the guest - a gift certficiate for a pedicure!!

Needless to say, I am glad that I went. We got great prizes and lots of neat "handouts." Here are a few pics of my loot. . . .



No comments: