Saturday, January 24, 2009

.movements.

So I think I have finally felt my baby girl moving - the most amazing thing! It actually began last Saturday morning as I laid in the bed. I felt a thump or two! After the first "thump" I thought to myself, "was that her?" Then she did it again, but not as strong. I moved and didn't feel anything again. Then Tuesday at work, I was sitting in a meeting. I again felt the same "thump" but MUCH more intense. I placed a slight bit of pressure on my tummy where I felt it and she did it again but not as intense. I knew it was her!

Then, this weekend was even MORE amazing! Friday night, my husband Bo and I went for a late night snack. We went to Sonic for some milkshakes - maybe just a pregnancy craving. ;) We got back to the house, drank our shakes, and settled in to watch a movie. As we are sitting watching the movie I feel the "thumping" again. It's the most intense it's been! I placed my hand on my tummy to really feel it. I asked Bo to place his hand on my tummy just to see if he could feel it. I really didn't think he could since most tell me the husband can't feel until later on in the pregnancy. But he DID!! It was that strong!! I thought to myself - "I bet you can see this!" So sure enough you could! We both saw one good "movement" and that was it. It was so neat! I think she is already getting cramped in there with those long legs.

Anyway, no baby preperations this weekend other than some maternity clothes shopping. I finally got some decent jeans that fit and a few cute tops.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I hope to post some belly pics soon! :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Lisa! Yay, I am so excited that you are starting to feel your baby girl move. There is nothing like it. It is a miracle in the making! Keep me posted.

black betty said...

hey, girl! i'm so glad you found me! congrats on the baby girl! i know y'all are SUPER excited! take care!!! xoxo