Tuesday, February 10, 2009

.big.belly.

Well, last week we went to our monthly appointment with Dr. Cole. There wasn't much done at this visit. We were actually in and out pretty fast, which is unusual. She measured my belly for the first time and we heard the heart beat again. They also gave me the lovely "orange drink" to drink for my next appointment. This is the dreaded sugar test! Next time they will draw blood!! YIKES! :(

Also on this last visit, they did the usual "weigh in." It was the worst it's been so far - 5 pounds!! That's 5 pounds in one month! Over a pound a week! Freaked me out a bit considering it's only been a pound at each visit in the past. I've gained a total of 7 pounds so far. I guess that's not too bad, but it's more than I really want to weigh. It's worth it though. :)

Speaking of the weight gain, my belly seems to be expanding by the minute. She seems to have had a growth spurt over night! It's very obvious that I am preggers now. People do double takes when they see me. :) I'm posting some pics so you can see too!

We are still in the process of finding some baby bedding. I am hoping I have a decision by this weekend. The nursery is coming along. Her papaw (my dad) bought her some furniture. It's a cute armiore and dresser/changer. Bo's mom also helped us buy the dream bed - an iron canopy crib!! I will post pictures soon!! We've also nearly decided on her name - Abby Grace. I have been "practicing" with it and try to refer to her as "Abby" as much as possible.

I am still feeling her little "movements." They don't feel like movements or even flutters. I would describe them as what feels like muscle spasms. I lay there and feel these little "spasms," but I know it's little Abby trying to get comfy. She moves the most when I settle down and get in bed at night - even though I feel her throughout the day. It's amazing!! I do wish mama was here. I have had a few break downs this month wishing she was here with me. I can't stop thinking about "how am I going to do this without her?" Everyone seems to have their mom through this special time. I know she is watching over us but I just want her here with me. :(

Anyway, not much new to post other than some pics of "the" belly. Here I am at 21 weeks, 5 days (and those are not stretch marks, they are scratch marks from my itchy belly):


2 comments:

black betty said...

girl...you are still tiny and absolutely beautiful!!! i hated the glucose test. they put me on a diet with this pregnancy. note to self: don't eat lots of carbs the night before!!! LOL!!!

oh, and with the little diva, i gained 13 pounds in 4 weeks in my 3rd trimester. i thought i was going to shoot myself.

miss your cute face. praying all continues to go well. :)

Mandy said...

Congrats Lisa! It's Mandy Newman.I just wanted to tell you that Dr. Cole was my doctor with Caroline and she was wonderful through my whole pregnancy!