Wednesday, January 7, 2009

.It's. a . . . .

BABY GIRL! We found out yesterday we are having a sweet baby girl. The whole sonogram experience yesterday was very surreal. I am currently 17 weeks pregnant and I feel more connected than ever with this living human inside me. Of course I knew I was pregnant and even had one sonogram at 8 weeks, but yesterday I literally saw this little creature that was just a moving all around! It actually hit me that I have this living thing inside me! It was amazing! What amazes me the most is that she was really moving, but I couldn't feel a thing!

We had our sonogram appointment at 9 a.m. Bo, of course, went with me and my sister met us there. On the way to the appointment I told Bo.. "I really think we are having a boy." He said, "no, it's definitely a girl." Everyone, especially my sister, has been telling me all along that is was a girl. I really deep down felt it was a girl because I cannot see myself with a boy. Plus, I totally see Bo with a girl. He cares so much for his sweet, little 4 lb Maltese baby girl Maggie, so I know he would love a little "human" baby girl just as much. It just melts my heart! Now I would L-O-V-E a little boy too! And I do hope one day to have one of each! But girls in my family are far and few between. This whole experience is very bittersweet because I want my mama so very badly! Not a moment of any day passes that I do not think of her and wish she was here! I want to tell her about these things more than anything else in the world, but I know she is watching all of this from above.

Anyway, as we walk into the sonogram room the sonographer asks if we are finding out what it is. Of course I say YES! As I am laying there watching the screen she is pointing out the arms, spine, etc. Then she comes across the "area" and my immediate thoughts were.... "It's a boy! I see IT right there!" Then she randomly and casually says "It's a little girl." My heart melts and I tear up a bit. My sister is over there, "I told you!" I even had to ask... "are you sure?" She said yes and pointed it all out to me on the screen. Then she looked at all these little organs and pointed everything out to me. It was just so amazing to see! I still cannot believe this little 6 ounce baby girl is growing inside.

Everything else checked out good. I have gained another pound (3 lbs total). I feel the pounds will really start packing on in the next month or two when she hits her growth spurt. But for now, no maternity clothes yet!! I am slightly anemic so am on iron pills. Baby's heart rate is good at 145 beats per minute.

Needless to say we are thrilled and I couldn't be more excited at this point! Reality has DEFINITELY hit and we are now about to prepare our home for this miracle! I know my mom is smiling down watching every second! She is just SO happy and I cannot wait to tell my baby girl about her Mimi!

A few of the sonogram pics are below. Sorry they are not the best quality!


Check out the long legs... just like her daddy. . .


No comments: