Wednesday, September 16, 2009

.3.months.

So today is my baby's "3 month" birthday! Exactly 3 months ago today, my baby entered the world. It's so hard to believe the time has gone by so fast. I know everyone says that, especially when you have kids, but I never realized it until now. Being a mommy is the best, yet most challenging thing in the world! I love every second of it and wouldn't trade it for the world. I am SO blessed to have my angel!

It's also hard to believe that exactly a year ago today, I buried my mama. September 17, 2008, was the day we had her WONDERFUL graveside service. It was exactly what she wanted - I mean she literally planned it. I look back on that day and the emotions that ran through me. Who would have known exactly a year later I would have a 3 month old?!?! Crazy how things work. I think about mama nearly every second of every day. I think about the good times and how she LOVED us with everything she had. You never truly understand a mother's love until you actually become a mother yourself. I just wish she was hear to experience this with me. I know she would be telling me "I told you so" regarding a mother's love. :)

Anyway, Abby is growing like CRAZY! Daycare is going good. She seems to be adjusting just fine. She is still sleeping through the night. It's tough getting her to sleep sometimes, but once she's out - she's OUT! :) I, on the other hand, have been sick TWICE since she has been in daycare. Not sure if she is just carrying the germs home or I am just breathing the germ filled air at daycare. Last Wednesday I had an AWFUL stomach bug!!! Then, this week I've got what seems to be a bad cold. I've got drainage with a severely soar throat! Just felt crapy! Hopefully this will be over soon! She is holding her head up pretty good now. It's SO CUTE!

Also, for those that do not know, Bo is leaving the Rankin County Sheriff's Department in about a week. He has accepted a position with Brandon Police Department as the animal control officer. Yea - he's back at Brandon and he couldn't be more excited - even if it is just animal control! He was just really tired of being "in jail" all day with the County and the inmates just really get to him. I know I couldn't work there. He has been working REALLY hard on a BIG paper that is due in October. I am so proud of him, but I will be SO glad when he is finished!! He will be half way there at Christmas time!!!

Other than that, we are just anxiously awaiting the arrival of little Emily!! Jennifer is over 8 months preggo now, which is just hard to believe! She has had a couple of showers and seems to have the nursery nearly complete. I am more than excited for Jennifer and Michael! I know they will be the best parents in the world!!

Here are a few pics from Abby's 3rd month here on Earth. . . .

2 comments:

black betty said...

congrats to bo on the job. glad to hear he is happy. :)

she is just precious! my lil man turned 6 months old last week. wow...how time flies!!!

xoxo

Mrs. Boyd said...

So Bo is finally leaving?! Geez...how did he last that long? Every time he was outside and I saw him...we'd stand there and talk about you and everything about baby Abby coming and trying not to go to work! I don't blame him! I hated walking in there...but then again I am a female. It is depressing! I'm glad he is almost done with school too!! GO LUCKEY'S!!! I hope you feel better soon boo bear! MUAH!