Tuesday, April 14, 2009

.31.weeks.

So today marked the official 31 weeks mark!  I cannot even begin to describe how I am feeling right now.  It's hard for me to believe this is really happening!  Such an amazing, yet scary, feeling.  I have less than 10 weeks to go before I meet my baby girl.  I wish it would hurry up and get here - then again, I'm SO not ready for this!!  

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon, along with a sonogram (see pics below).  Everything checked out great.  Heartbeat was strong at 140 bpm.  Abby is measuring "above average" at nearly 4 lbs!  I think average is right under 3.5 lbs.  With that said, Abby will probably be a large newborn.  I asked the doc if genetics played a factor in this.  She asked how much Bo and I weighed at birth.  When I told her we were both pushing 9 lbs each, she said "yea, you will probably have a big one."  I knew this all along, but for her to confirm it made me worry.

I then start contemplating a scheduled c-section again.  There's just no way I want to push a big baby out!!  My doc is pro c-sections.  She herself had one.  I am still unsure.  I have basically decided to wait and see how much larger she will really be.  If she is 7 lbs or less, I will try a vaginal delivery.  If she is 8 lbs or more, I will schedule a c-section.  

Other than that, all is good.  I have gained another 4 lbs (in 3 weeks), for a total weight gain of 24 lbs!  I am at where I wanted to be at 9 months, so I have gained more than I wanted.  Oh well, I can't complain.  I have been pretty lazy and eaten ALOT.  

Hope everyone had a great Easter and enjoys their week!!  

Profile (sonographer commented on her "cute" lips) . . . 
Cute baby face. . . . .  
Wanted confirmation she is REALLY a girl. . . .
One LONG foot. . . . 

1 comment:

Julie said...

where has the time gone!!! I cant wait to come to your shower. That will be so much fun.