Tuesday, December 21, 2010

.15.16.17.&.18.months.

So I’m a little too busy to be blogging these days… sorry! Things are just beyond hectic, especially with the holidays here now.

The last few months my girl has grown in the blink of an eye! She is a full blown toddler now. I barely see any “baby” left in her; although, she will ALWAYS by my baby girl! In my last post she was learning to talk and she has advanced in her talking, but has refrained from being quiet as vocal these days. She can say words, but doesn’t say them as often as she use to. Around 15 months she learned to say her name. I really, really worked with her to say her name. I wanted people to be able to ask her name and she respond. Well…. I got my wish! And “Abby” was the only word we heard around my house for a while. She would walk around saying “Abby, Abby, Abby” over and over again. It’s really cute!! Even all of her classmates at school said “Abby” all day long! The parents ask the teachers… “which one is Abby?” Ha ha! My girl is literally full of herself. ;) The newest words are “more” and “please.” It’s SO cute when she says them!!

But as she has gotten older she has started paying attention to other things and her talking has slowed down. She has REALLY started watching more tv the last few months. She LOVES the SPROUT channel. This includes Sesame Street, which is her favorite! In the last few weeks, she has really taken to Caillou and the Wiggles. She will be on the other side of the house and hear the theme song for Caillou come on and she runs in there to watch. She will also dance to every Wiggles song when it comes on. Which brings us to our next newest thing… dancing! She has really started dancing these days. Any song can come on and she will start dancing. This includes cell phone ring tones! :)

She is still a good eater, but she has gotten really picky! She use to eat macaroni and cheese like crazy! Now, she will not even touch a noodle. She also will not eat French fries, ice cream, or anything cold. Her favorite thing to eat is grilled cheese sandwiches and cheet-o’s! We try to limit these to once a week or special occasions. And she prefers her green beans to French fries ANY day! Thank goodness!

She still likes to read books – but not as much. These days, SHE wants to read the books on her terms. That means she turns the page in the book whether you have finished reading the page or not. She has also learned different body parts. She can point to her nose, eyes, ears, mouth, teeth, belly button, hair, fingers, and toes. We are learning our animals too. She knows the cow says “moo” but will only tell you that sometimes. She can also point out any Sesame Street character in a book. When I noticed she was doing this, I told myself…. I should really be teaching her more useful knowledge. So for Christmas we will be getting things to learn our alphabet and numbers.

Since our last post, we have had Abby’s second trip to the fair, second Halloween and second Thanksgiving. She LOVED them all! At the fair, we didn’t ride any rides. Mainly because it was SO expensive and also because she just isn’t old enough yet. She was a bumble bee for Halloween and the CUTEST one ever!! She LOVED trick or treating. We walked around Jennifer’s neighborhood and she had the BEST time! She got the hang of trick-or-treating pretty quick! And wouldn’t DARE let you take her bucket of candy! She worked hard for it! We are now getting ready for her second Christmas! I cannot believe time is flying by so fast! I want it to slow down so incredibly bad!!! While every day gets better and more fun with my Abby Grace, I miss my little newborn baby!!

Abby is SO full of life! She has the happiest little spirit. I am really trying to teach her to be a good, sweet person. We are learning a lot about sharing – thanks to day care and cousin Emily. But my baby is definitely like her mama. She has got an attitude like you wouldn’t believe!! Ha ha! I know I was a difficult child growing up. I threw tantrums left and right. I gave my mama a really hard time. I don’t know why I was like that, but I remember the feelings that would come over me when I would get upset and act horrible! Well…. I’m getting SUCH payback now. If my mama were here she would be laughing so hard. Abby acts JUST like I use to and it’s so weird because I feel how she is feeling because I use to do the same thing. She kicks and screams, stiffens up, then turns to a noodle…. Only because I said “no.” Oh well. I’d like to think we would be growing out of this stage soon, but I don’t think so. But that’s okay. That’s just my Abby Grace. And she doesn’t do it too often.

Bo is about to start his FINAL SEMESTER OF LAW SCHOOL!!!!!!!! He has two more final exams to take this week and he will start the last semester in January. I never thought this time would come!! While it’s been a long 2.5 years of law school, it’s also gone by fast at the same time because we have Abby. Bo and I also just recently took our first trip ALONE since our honeymoon 4 years ago!! We were both DYING to get away so we last minute planned a trip to Universal Studio’s in Orlando. Bo had never been and it has been YEARS since I had been. We only stayed 3 nights and that was just enough. Jennifer kept Abby for me and it was truly a blessing! Abby loves staying at her Aunt Jenn’s house. It’s so nice to have peace about her having somewhere else to stay. I never thought I would have that since mama isn’t here, but I do. I didn’t think I would make it a night without her, but I did. I was so ready to see her when we got back though!!

All in all, this is a brief update of what we have been doing. I don’t even have time to go through the million pictures I have taken, but you can see most of them via facebook by clicking HERE!

No comments: