Wednesday, September 1, 2010

.13.and.14.months.

WOW! We made it past 12 months!! At first her first birthday seemed SO far away, but it then came out of no where! Now, my girl is 14 months old and is truly a little toddler. I am so very sad to see my little baby grow so fast, but I am so very happy that she is healthy and growing!

She started walking exactly a week after her first birthday (June 24th). She had been trying to take steps for a few weeks before. She would work on her balance and want to take that step so bad, but she would “chicken out.” Then she would nearly leap into your lap!! As she would stand, get her balance she would then almost jump to you! She wanted to do it so bad and never gave up. It was SUCH a fun experience helping her learn to walk. But she finally mastered the steps on her own at her Aunt Jenn’s house. It’s extremely bittersweet.

She is really trying to talk more and more each day. She’s got “da-da” down pat! She is even saying “ma-ma” now too. It is the SWEETEST thing I have ever heard!!!! It totally melted my heart one day when I picked her up from day care. She stood at my feet, grabbing my legs, saying “ma-ma, ma-ma!” I will NEVER forget that!! Now she does it more and more and it gets sweeter every time. But she will ONLY call for mama when she wants something. :) She will say "ball" and "bow" (as in hair bow). She will even point to her belly button if you ask her to, as well as her hair.

With that said, we have also switched day cares! This was SO hard for me! It was definitely harder on me than Abby. We had gotten to know and LOVE the people at her old day care that it was hard to let go. But I knew in my heart that it was a MUST! See, the daycare she was at did not have a good “set up” in my opinion once you left the nursery (after they turned a year old). The rooms where separate by petitions and there were doors EVERYWHERE! Including a door to the outside RIGHT in her room. It just didn’t set well with me. So I had been on the list at a new daycare for a while. However, I didn’t want to change until she was out of the nursery. The old daycare has the BEST nursery around in my opinion! I even like their nursery better than our new daycare’s. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new daycare from the age of 1 on up! So we have been at the daycare for right at a month now and it’s FABULOUS!!! And it’s closer to the house!

I also spent the night away from my baby girl for the first time. I really wanted to wait until she was a year old before I left her over night so I did. She stayed at her Aunt Jenn and Uncle Mike’s house while Bo and I had dinner with our good friends Adam and LeAnn. I had somewhat planned to go pick her up after dinner but had also planned for her to stay the night just in case she got tired and we were not finished eating. And that’s what happened! She did FABULOUS!! And we enjoyed some time out with friends. It really helped to know that she was okay spending the night away. She absolutely LOVES seeing the Hobson’s!! Especially her Aunt Jenn!! :)

She is eating pretty much ANYTHING these days! She absolutely LOVES milk!! I try to only give her 3 (sometimes 4) sippy’s of milk a day. She drinks juice with her snacks. She LOVES to eat and is one amazing eater! We’ve never had problems with food – other than my fear of her choking to death! We’ve only been sick once in the last two months with a little stomach bug. She had extremely bad diarrhea, which led to EXTREMELY bad diaper rash!! Now, she has a little cold but nothing major.

She LOVES to read all of her books!! Reading has also become part of our nighttime routine. After bath time, we get her in her jammies, and then we read a few quick books. I then put her in HER bed and she eventually drifts off to sleep. It’s pretty sad for me because she will not let me hold her and rock her. She is not a snuggler at all, which hurts my heart. However, I am glad she is Miss Independent went it comes to most things. She does like to sit in my lap and ready books to her. She likes to point at things in the book and “say” what they are. She hasn’t mastered how to say most things she points at, but she is getting better.

We just finished up swimming lessons for the year. She has officially completed the Water Babies I class. She L-O-V-E-D it! I am so glad we did it! While she will probably not remember what she learned, it was a great experience, which was the only reason we did it. We are going to pick up with swimming lessons again next summer. And then I plan on enrolling her in dance next fall!! I cannot WAIT!! :)

Other than that, not much else is happening. We are getting ready for fall, including Emily’s FIRST BIRTHDAY!!! Jenn and I have made the girls matching outfits for the fall and we are working on Halloween outfits! I just LOVE this time of year and cannot wait to get my girl all deck out! Bo has started his FINAL year of law school THANK GOODNESS!! I didn’t think this year would ever get here!! It seems like yesterday he was quitting his job at Brandon and enrolling in school. Now, two years later he’s back at Brandon with a one year old!! My how life has changed!!

It’s also getting to the time of year that brings back the WORST memories of my entire life. It was two years ago that mama was in the fight of her life! Little did I know I was losing her right before my very eyes! I look back thinking how stupid I was not realizing what was happening. However, I firmly believe that it was a blessing not knowing what was happening. I would have been a mess and wouldn’t have been as strong for her. At this point two years ago, she had already been in and out of the hospital once. She was about to go into the hospital for the second, and last time. She never came home. :( This time of year is my favorite, but also brings back the worst memories of my life! Thankfully we have these baby girls to brighten our dark days. I truly believe in my heart these girls are here for that reason.

I've only got a few pictures here with me at work. (Yea, posting a blog during lunch b/c it's the only time I have!)

You can keep up with most of my pics in my facebook album.

No comments: