Wednesday, February 3, 2010

.7.months.

Well, it's hard to keep updated on my blog with things getting so busy around here, but I'm trying. :)

Abby is over 7 months now and changing EVERY day!! She is getting so big and it's very bittersweet. She's actually been a little under the weather the last week or so. It all started with a slight cold a month or so ago. Well she never got rid of the cough, which I didn't think was a big deal since I keep a cough forever after I've been sick. Well the weekend before last I noticed the cough just kept getting worse. Thought to myself - I better take her in to the doc just to be safe. Don't want her to get pneumonia or anything. So last Monday afternoon I took her to the doc. His first guess was RSV, but wanted to do the test to make sure. 20 minutes later - it's RSV!!! I thought "Oh No!" I've heard it is terrible! But he assured me that she would eventually get this b/c nearly all babies have it at least once in their life. So I felt a little better. Especially after he told me she was probably on the "up" side of it since she had been coughing for so long. Basically, she wouldn't get any worse than she was that day - only better. However, he did tell us to keep her out of daycare for the week because it was highly contagious! My FIRST thought was baby EMILY! We had been around her that whole weekend! He told me to let Jenn know she just needed to keep a close eye on her. And as of today, Em has still not gotten sick - PRAISE THE LORD!! Bo and I both enjoyed a few days off work last week with Abby (we rotated taking off work). She is all better this week and no more breathing treatments!!

Other than the RSV, Miss Abby seems to do something new everyday. She now holds her bottle all the time, which makes feeding times easier on us. She is talking more and more. She says "ba, ba, ba, ba" nearly ALL day long. She still isn't crawling yet, but it's coming soon. No teeth yet either - thank goodness! :) She laughs hysterically nearly everynight. She LOVES to laugh. Laughs at herself most times, but loves to laugh at her daddy.

Here are a few recent pics. . . .

First Breathing Treatment:
Not too sure about it:
Okay, she hated it the first time, but it wasn't so bad after that:
Tried to have a mini photoshoot - she wasn't having it:
Managed to get ONE pic of her in one of my dresses I use to wear:
My baby girl:
Abby and Emily "playing:"
Abby is so ready for Emily to play:
Just love this pic of Emily's face. She is listening to what Abby is "saying:"

1 comment:

black betty said...

lil farto had RSV four weeks ago. they gave us a pacifier attachment. it rocked the catbox!

she is too cute. :)