Monday, June 8, 2009

.another.week.

Ok, so today was the day for my final sonogram and to "make plans" according to my doctor. I went in with the anticipation that Abby would weigh nearly 7 pounds or so (I mean she couldn't be that big - yet), and also with the thoughts that I had at least dilated a centimeter or had effaced or SOMETHING!!

Well, we go in for the sonogram and everything looks great! She is in position and is doing her "practice breathing" and everything! I was so excited! Then the weight..... she is weighing 8 lbs 3 ounces!!!!! I could NOT believe she was already measuring SO BIG! I knew I was going to have a big baby, but I still have a week till my due date. Of course, sonograms are known to not be exactly accurate. I mean it could be 2 lbs off either way. So she could really be 6 pounds OR she could be 10 pounds!! WOW!! My doctor said I wasn't measuring that big so she was probably more between the 6 to 8 pounds than closer to 10. But still - she is a BIG GIRL!!

With that said, my doctor really doesn't want me to go past my due date. Unfortunately I have again not dilated or ANYTHING! Doctor said she hasn't even dropped - which I beg to differ!! Anyway, the plan is.... I will go back in a week to see if I have done anything. Even if I have, we will plan SOMETHING for next Tuesday, June 16th - my original due date! I am guessing if I have dilated some, she will go ahead with an induction. If not, it will probably be a c-section.

So I will officially have my baby girl here next Tuesday at the latest which is exciting but terrifing at the same time! I am really indifferent as to how she gets here - I just want a happy, healthy baby girl with a safe and healthy delivery. I trust my doctor and know she will only do what is best for me and Abby.

I will keep everyone posted if something happens before then, but next time I post, I could have a baby girl. :)

Have a great week!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

black betty said...

congrats, girl!!! and yes, those sonograms are whacked out! they said lil farto was gonna be over 8 pounds. they induced me a week early and he was only 6 lbs 11 ounces.

i will be praying for you next week. i know how frustrating it is to go in and hear that there has been no change. made me want to plant my hand in the wall. the last two weeks totally suck. :(

black betty said...

thinking about you this week. if you haven't delivered yet, i hope tomorrow goes as smoothly as possible for you!

xoxo