Saturday, October 17, 2009

.4.months.

WOW! What a WEEK this past week has been. As I have already posted early, Abby was sent home from school on Monday because she had diarrhea. She had it on Sunday, but I thought nothing of it.... maybe just an upset tummy. I mean her poop seems different everyday and she eats the same thing everyday. Go figure! I even called the doc on Monday and they told me just to give her Pedialyte so she would stay hydrated. Anyway, I send her back to daycare Tuesday because no more diarrhea. Tuesday evening when we are at home I notice Abby is not acting herself. She is sleeping ALOT and not wanting to wake up at all. She is barely eating she is so sleepy. Take her to daycare the next morning and they inform us that a baby in the nursery had been diagnosed with the SWINE flu! I immediately make an appointment for Abby that afternoon to see a doc. JUST to be safe! I get Bo to take her to the doc since I just cannot miss anymore work. I mean I figure nothing is really wrong with her, she is really acting okay. WRONG! She is diagnosed with Swine flu and regular flu! Technically, she tested positive for Type A and Type B flu, which means seasonal (generally swine at this point) and regular. I FREAK OUT of course! I mean she is only 17 weeks old! I think the doc was a little more concerned than she let on too - being that Abby is so young and tested positive for both! She prescribed Tamiflu for her and tells us to come back on Friday to check her again. I IMMEDIATELY call Jennifer and tell her to call her OBGYN! Jenn was over 37 weeks preggo and was JUST exposed to Abby that Tuesday! OMG! The doc prescribes her Tamiflu as well. Bo gets his doc to call him in some Tamiflu and I go in to the doc on Thursday to get my Tamiflu as well! No one else is going to get this - at least we are trying not to!

Bo and I BOTH took off work Thursday to be with Abby. We were really concerned. She never really acted as if she didn't feel good except that Tuesday night. She never ran a high fever (99.4 was as high as it got). Thursday she was pretty much okay. She slept a little more than the norm and has developed a nasty cough! Went back to doc on Friday and she prescribed something to help with the cough. Haven't give that to her yet simply b/c I hate giving her meds at such a young age. Will see how it goes.

Anyway, this all happened on Bo and I's 3 year anniversary. Needless to say we didn't get to celebrate much, which is fine with us! We'd rather be at home taking care of Abby Grace! Bo did get me this AWESOME video camera! It's called a "flip" camera and it's so small and handy! I LOVE IT!! (Thanks babe!)

So while I've been at home with Abby I have really gotten a lot of organizing accomplished as far as my pictures are concerned. I've worked on Abby's baby book and organized her cabinet in the kitchen. Why?? B/c we are starting on some solid food!! YAY! I wanted so bad to start her on her 4 month birthday (10/17/09) and I did! Wanted to make sure poop was back to the norm before we started and it is. So tonight she got her first taste of carrots - YUM! I will let you see her reactions for yourself below (video is even at the bottom).

On another note - Bo is now SICK! His fever was over 100 tonight and he has been in bed since 8:30. I am sleeping on the couch. I am SO determined NOT to get this mess!! I think he has the flu.

Tomorrow is my 28th birthday. I won't really be celebrating since Bo is sick and Abby is still slightly on the mend. I do not want to get around anyone - especially Jennifer! If I do ANYTHING me and Abby might run to Dogwood to get some fresh air, but only if it's not too cold. Couldn't ask for a better birthday then spending it with my baby girl! I LOVE HER!

In organizing my pics, I came across this one below (she was a little over 3 month):
My new FAVORITE pic of Abby. . . .
We had a mini photo session today in one of her halloween outfits. I have been waiting on cooler weather so she could wear it - even if it is just sitting at home.
So cute it's scary. . . "
Ready for Halloween . . . .
Scared because she is SO CUTE . . . .
Daddy getting her all ready to eat. . .
Ready to Eat!
After first few bites, not too bad. . .
Still thinking about it. . .
Ahhh... this is pretty good. . . .
Doesn't this look yummy?!?!?
Loving this eating thing. . .
Getting a little full, maybe?
Cleaning her face all by herself. . .
Crying because she is still starving. . . .
The messy bib afterwards. . . .
Video of the first time eating. . .
(scroll to bottom of page and pause music before hitting play on video)

1 comment:

Jennifer Hobson said...

ohh...I hate I missed her first food experience!! Glad ya'll captured it on video though! Soooo cute!!